Badajoz is confident and optimistic that the Commercial Court will rule in its favor and annul the administrative relegation that weighs on the club. The hearing, which was carried out electronically, lasted a little over an hour and a half and was attended by Judge Esther Vila, the bankruptcy administrator Bernardo Silva, Diego García and another legal advisor to the club and two lawyers from the RFEF. Now it’s time to wait a few days until the judge rules one way or the other to definitively clear up the uncertainty of the category in which Badajoz is going to compete.
From the black and white entity it was defended that Badajoz is in a more favorable situation than a year ago when the order ordering the RFEF to annul any measure that prevented it from processing licenses was decreed. “From the club we believe that it has a better chance of overcoming the insolvency situation than on August 24 of last year when the precautionary measures were already granted,” says Diego García. But the Spanish Federation stands against it, firm in its decision not to register Badajoz in the Second RFEF for having breached current federative regulations. “The Federation has opposed everything,” says Diego García.
Badajoz provided documentation in which it shows that it is up to date with the RFEF and the FExF, as well as with the Treasury and Social Security since the declaration of bankruptcy. According to Diego García, the judge was also made aware that the proposed creditor agreement is already deposited before a notary and with the expectation of closing the accessions in August. In addition, he exposed the commitment of the top shareholders to move the club forward with a contribution of close to 1,900,000 euros since January. The guarantee of 320,000 euros that is required to compete in the Second RFEF has even been deposited in court, although in the Badajoz club they consider that they are not obliged to present it. In any case, the director general of Badajoz explains that if the judge deems it so, it will go directly to the Federation’s accounts and otherwise that money will be allocated to the contest to face the payments of the credits against the mass. “There are so many reasons that we trust that the judge will once again apply precautionary measures that prevent the administrative descent,” says Diego García. The general director and legal advisor of the club informs that the outstanding amounts have already been paid with the RFEF for arbitration and sanctions. In this sense, the club has also repeatedly claimed the amounts pending receipt from the RFEF and which amount to around 189,000 euros, a large part corresponding to television rights. “Dont have much sense. The club sells billboards, sponsorships on their shirts and television rights is something that belongs to the clubs. All the clubs have received it and Badajoz has not », he underlines.
Once all the parties have been heard, the judge must decide in the next few days whether to annul the federative resolution or, on the contrary, agree with the RFEF. «I don’t think it will take much longer than two days. The situation is urgent and everything in the club is paralyzed, “reflects the general manager. So much so that the RFEF announced that the draw for the Second RFEF calendar will be held on Thursday. Diego García points out that Badajoz has processed its registration in the Second RFEF, although now it remains to be seen what the Federation does with the vacancy of the Badajoz club if there is no judicial ruling before Thursday.
Badajoz is clear that they are going to defend their place to the last consequences and will exhaust all the avenues and mechanisms at their disposal. In this way, the club has also appealed the resolution of the sole judge of non-professional competitions before the National Committee. “The situation is more positive than last year and the shareholders are willing to contribute capital because they believe in the future of the club and there is a commitment to a sustainable project,” concludes Diego García.