1. Ferencvaros by Stanislav Cherchesov sensationally flew out in the 1st round of the Champions League qualification, losing big at home to the Faroese club KI Klaksvik (0:3). Fans of the Hungarian team chanted “Russians go home”. Club management fired a Russian specialistalthough Cherchesov himself is resigning was not going to. In two seasons in Hungary, he won the national championship twice, as well as the Cup.
All the results of the match day of the Champions League – Here.
2. PSG can put in reserve Kyliana Mbappé if the France striker doesn’t leave in the summer or renew his contract. Will it come to this?
3. International Gymnastics Federation allowed the Russians to compete in neutral status.
4. Transfers. “Barcelona” signed 31-year-old Girona midfielder Romeu. Benjamin Mendy moved in Lorient, the ex-Man City defender did not play for 2 years due to allegations of rape. Former Juve defender Cuadrado moved at Inter. “Milan” bought midfielder Reynders from AZ for 19 + 4 million euros. “Atletico” approved Felix’s loan to Barcelona with an option to buy. Man City and Leipzig agreed Transfer Guardiola.
Malcolm will receive 18 million euros per year in case of transfer to the Saudi Al-Hilal, Zenit wants to get a midfielder more than 50 million. The club from St. Petersburg was thinking of buying another Brazilian, Neres, for 25 million euros as a replacement, but Benfica demanded 100 million. Claudinho agreed on a contract with Flamengo. “Zenith” will sign Serbian defender Erakovich for 7 million euros with a salary of 1.1 million Spartak won’t buy defender Rogerio – Sassuolo refused to negotiate because of the situation in Ukraine. “Spartacus” suggested Former Real Madrid striker Jovic. “Dynamo” interesting Sochi goalkeeper Adamov, he can be intercepted from Zenit.
5. Ex-second racket of the world Alexander Zverev charged with bodily harm again – this time to the ex-girlfriend and mother of his daughter, Brenda Patea. This is the second girl with similar statements.
6. Zenit fans criticized the club for refusing to remove the stage and return the Virage: “Agreements with top management turned out to be empty words. “Objective reasons” do not cancel the bestial attitude towards the fans. There is an insider, how it all happened: Alexey Miller scolded Alexander Medvedev for his intention to dismantle the stage at the Virage at the Fonbet Cup of Russia games – the security forces could have influenced the head of Gazprom; they say the managers even quarreled, but the scene will remain.
7. A commission has been set up in the Ministry of Sports of Russia to work with new territories. The total amount of funding for physical culture and sports – 3.2 billion rubles.
8. HC CSKA handed over to the Espanyol battalion bus with letters Z and V and the inscription “Our goal is victory.” Ex-hockey player “Hammer” Vladislav Grigoriev arrested for evading the armyHe faces up to 10 years in prison.
9. The world of RPL will work 7.2 billion rubles from cooperation with Match TV in the 2023/24 season. RPL clubs will receive 9.3 billion rubles from the league in the new season – 206 million more than in the past. Premier League matches 2023/24 will be shown in Italy, the Balkans and Kazakhstanthe Russian league will earn 78 million rubles on TV rights.
10. Formula 1 commentators Alexey Popov and Natalia Fabrichnova got married.
11. Russian grandmaster Ian Nepomniachtchi played a game of chess at a depth of 700 m in a mine in the Arctic.
12. Austrian Felix Gall of AG2R Citroën won the 17th stage Bicycle race “Tour de France”, Briton Simon Yates – 2nd, Spaniard Peyo Bilbao – 3rd.
13. World Boxing Champion Oleksandr Usyk signed a contract with the Ukrainian football club “Polesie”.
14. Sevilla – first winner of the Challenge Cup. The Spanish team beat Independiente del Valle of Ecuador on penalties in the match between the winners of the Europa League and the Sudamericana Cup.
Quotes of the day:
Guberniev about Isinbayeva: “Does her Spanish life and strange statement cross out the sporting greatness of a truly legendary OUR athlete?”
Fedotov considers training in the Russian army more serious than that of the US Navy SEALs: “It’s hard to imagine how to work at such a level every day”
Evgeny Ustyugov at the CAS meeting on high hemoglobin: “When I stand barefoot, my legs look like those of a disabled person or a corpse, completely blue”
Oleg Matytsin: “The first task of sport is the defense of the country, its citizens must be strong, morally and physically prepared”
Chernyshenko said that Fan ID will not be canceled: “The results are good, almost no incidents. Hockey has a different visiting culture”
Veronika Stepanova: “In the subway or the airport, I always have a shock – how many young people around with obvious signs of obesity”
Vladimir Mineev: “We are fighting for our Russia, not the one they want to impose on us”