Andrey Arshavin thinks that after the departure of Malcolm, Zenit should pay attention to the Russians.
– I would invest in the best Russian players. There are three of them: Pinyaev, Tyukavin, Zakharyan.
– If Kovalenko had not yet moved, would he be fourth on this list?
– The fourth would be different, he has already signed with another team. This is Diveev. For me, he remains the best Russian defender. Unfortunately, I don’t see anyone close to him yet.
If potential Brazilian newcomers are so cool, they will still want to either return to Brazil or go to Europe in a year. Well, what’s the point? Squirrel in a wheel.
– Why shouldn’t Russian players want to leave in a year?
“It will be harder for them to leave because they are Russians. They won’t drive around Copacabana like Wendel.
– The ideal Russian four in the attack of “Zenith”?
– Zakharyan, Tyukavin, Pinyaev. On the right, you will have to take the young one from the academy.
– How will young Russian players grow without top foreign players nearby?
– I’m not saying that it should be an end in itself, but if there is a position where you can have a strong Russian player, then it’s better to have him.
Malcolm was four years old, to whom did he pass what? In theory, everything should be as you say, but for this, young people should be around. They would absorb it and take the place of the legionnaires. But we have only veterans there.
Mostovoy last season had a period when he won the competition against Claudinho, but this is an isolated case, – he said on the air of the show “This is football, brother!” Deputy General Director of “Zenith”.